Last week the EUSA inspection visit took place in connection with the European Universities Rowing Championship, which will be held in Bydgoszcz, Poland next year. From October 27 to 29, EUSA technical delegate for Rowing - Lionel Girard took a close look at preparations for the championships.
On the first day, a delegate's meeting was held with the Organizing Committee consisting of:
- Katarzyna Domańska – President of the Organizing Committee
- Bernard Mendlik – Vice- President of the Organizing Committee
- Magdalena Lewandowska - Administration and Finance Department of EUC Rowing 2023
- Lech Olszewski – Competition Manager of EUC Rowing 2023
- Anna Tataruch – Vice President for Organizational Affairs of the Polish Federation of Rowing Associations
- Stefan Janeczek – Board Member of the Polish Federation of Rowing Associations
- Agata Chrustowska – President of BKW Bydgoszcz
- Agata Cieśluk – Volunteering Area of EUC Rowing 2023
- Maja Pokorniecka – Event Manager of EUC Rowing 2023
Among the issues discussed during the meeting were the regatta course, accommodation, catering and those concerning the opening and closing ceremonies. On the second day, first, the EUSA delegate and the Organizing Committee visited the Bydgoszcz rowing clubs. Then everyone went to the Brdyujście regatta course to inspect the track and the conditions there. The next step was to visit the hotels, where the competitors will be accommodated, and the Opening Ceremony venue - Mill Island.
At the end, the President of the Organizing Committee, Katarzyna Domańska, together with the EUSA delegate Lionel Girard, went to the Pomeranian Philharmonic for a concert of the Kazimierz Wielki University Choir and the Pomeranian Philharmonic Symphony Orchestra. The European Universities Rowing Championship will be held from 7 to 10 September 2023 in Bydgoszcz.
We hope to see you there!